Saturday, April 9, 2011

Product Review: Missha Botanic Garden Purifying Sheet Mask

Missha Botanic Garden Purifying Sheet Mask in Acerola and Bamboo


You actually sent me two of these, and a Bamboo one that I can't remember because I used it already. You said you loved these, and they're very moisturizing, but for me they were just OK.

My face has been really dry this past winter. I fell into this habit of applying baby powder on my skin to keep it oil-free. That only made it super dry. It's gotten a lot better since I've stopped using baby powder, but it's still kind of dry. Anyway, I said dry too many times.

So I used two of the masks so far, Acerola and Bamboo ones. The masks smelled nice, and they were good at moisturizing, but not great. I think it's because it's a sheet mask, and can't reach every corner of my face, like the corners of my mouth and sides of my nose. I didn't keep this mask on the whole night like you did, only about 40 minutes. The mask was partly dry by then. I took it off, pressed the gooey residue into my skin. (Which felt so weird) I didn't have to apply moisturizer before going to bed but when I woke up my skin felt the same.

In short, I think you're wasting your masks on me, Joanna. They work like lotion does on me. I wouldn't buy these for myself, since my face is different from the cut-outs they placed. While moisturizing, I could have just put on lotion, which is a lot simpler for me.

Rating: 7/10
Pros: I really like the smell of both the Acerola and Bamboo, and this was pretty moisturizing
Cons: Can't justify buying this for myself; it's so much easier just to smooth on lotion
Buy again? NO

2 comments:

  1. Poo! Really?! I'm a huge skin freak, and masks are my type of thing. Especially since I'm always stressed out in school and not getting enough sleep. My skin dries out, becomes dull, and overall just looks horrible. Like a zombie. :(

    That's why I rely on masks so much to hydrate and add those much needed vitamins to my poor skin. And I prefer using sheet masks too since I cant use the mud mask (remember the one I got in TJ max that smells like lemons?) without scaring everyone on my dorm. haha.

    I also love the left over juice from the masks. I store them in my fridge and I buy those blank masks and I just dip it in the leftovers. It's like 2 masks for the price of 1! :D


    Don't worry, I will keep trying to find the perfect mask.

    What is your main skin concern right now?

    Mine is dullness, acne, and dryness. I want to fix my skin so that I won't have to rely on foundation to much. I have lots of hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone and a bit redness around the nose area. Very sensitive. :(
    But it's improving!

    I'll try to find some more skin care stuff that might help you too (although your skin is already so clear....bitch. hahah jkjk i love you xD )

    BTW, doesn't the smell of baby powder bother you? :O I don't know how you can put it on your face! The smell of it repulses me, especially since I take care of Jayden and I've come to associate baby powder with shit. haha

    love you girl

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Clear skin. HA!

    If you look up close, my skin looks so pasty white and is covered with broken capillaries. I have so much redness around my nose, mouth, forehead, between my eyebrows.

    My skin is oily with dry patches. I don't even know what kind of concealer to put on. I haven't found a concealer that doesn't look cakey or emphasize the flakiness of my skin. OH, but I used this trick I learned on makeupalley- before applying concealer, I put a thick layer of lotion on the red area or on my dark circles. I don't blend it in, then I dab a little concealer on my finger and then I press it into the lotion, and then I blend them both in. Does that make sense?

    The other problem is that I break out a lot during school time, since I don't have enough sleep. Haha, and when I look in the mirror in the mornings, I think the same thing as you: "God, I look like a total zombie."

    I'm not big on skin care, I have everything I need right now. But I am looking for a good face powder to keep my face matte so do you think I should go for the mac prep+prime or the tarte clay powder or something else?

    I love the smell of baby powder <3<3 I had the one that was lavender scented. Haha, you're not missing out on much though. It was not good at absorbing oil.

    Now that I think about it, I want to try a new acne treatment. Which one do you use? I use one my doctor prescribed: 5% benzoyl peroxide and it works fast but it also makes the skin around there start to peel. :(

    If you're looking for a good moisturizer, I have a fantastic one. I always wanted to give you some, but the jar was already opened and I didn't want to give you semi-used face cream. It's a really big jar, and it won't be finished for a long time. Do you want me to scoop some out for you or do you want me to ask for a sample? (My aunt is the one who sold it to us) Because this stuff is amazing, OK? It's super moisturizing and it is a miracle for irritated, sensitive skin. I put it on after every facial to speed the healing process.

    Oh and my spring break starts this friday, so I'll be liberated for 10 whole days. I miss you, wish you could come with me on a shopping trip. It's not the same without you. :(

    Love you lots, Wendy
    *Maybe you could try using the mud mask while you are in the shower? I find mud/clay masks a little drying, but since it doesn't completely dry when I use it in the shower, it's not so drying. Ha, I will stop saying drying and moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete